Out of security reasons, Avira Antivirus is blocking incoming emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS secure connections, if they are configured on standard ports.
Other ports that fall back on encryption may also be affected.
For example, this happens when the option SSL (TLS/STARTTLS), is active in the email client and the SSL/TLS/STARTTLS is set to use the standard port.
Because Avira Mail Protection cannot scan the emails through an encrypted connection following message is displayed:
SSL (TLS/STARTTLS)-connection detected. Incoming mails are blocked.
Configure the email traffic
You have two possibilities to fix your email traffic. Either you disable the encrypted email connection in your email program or remove the Avira Mail Protection module for email scanning.
I. Disable encrypted email connection
To fix the email traffic, check and correct the settings in your email client.
The configuration may vary due to different email programs:
- Deactivate the option for using encrypted SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections for incoming and outgoing server.
- Make sure not to use the ports 25 (SMTP), 143 (IMAP) and 110 (POP3) for SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections.
II. Remove Avira Mail Protection
If you need to receive encrypted emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections, change the Avira product installation, and deactivate the Avira Mail Protection.
If you remove the Avira Mail Protection the email traffic is no longer scanned by the Antivirus.
- Click Start → Settings → System → Apps & features.
- Perform right mouse click on “Avira Antivirus” → Modify → Next.
- Remove the check-mark from "Mail Protection" and click Next until finish.