Avira Antivirus for Mac
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 188.8.131.52 has been released on October 8th, 2018.
- When the Get Pro button on the module page is clicked, the user is redirected to an in-app comparison page.
- When activating the Pro version, the USB protection feature is activated automatically.
- The user interface can be adjusted to match the resolution of a MacBook Air 11.6 inch.
- After completing the setup, the “finished setup" notification is displayed correctly.
- The purchase button on the Get Pro page opens a browser immediately.
- The Avira related crash dumps are now correctly collected by the Support Collector.
- A hard-to-click element in the "Activity Steam" has been fixed.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 184.108.40.206 has been released on September 19th, 2018.
- The Avira Antivirus product is now also compatible with macOS10.14.
- When the Antivirus product is installed on macOS10.14 (or later) it will require additional rights. The product will encounter an extended setup process in which the user has to grant certain permissions.
- If users already had the Avira Antivirus product installed an upgraded to macOS10.14, they will have to encounter additional setup steps as well.
- This update does not contain bugfixes.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 220.127.116.11 has been released on Septemer 4th, 2018.
- A new product page has been added to give a quick overview of the benefits of the Pro version.
- Users will not receive messages when their license is about to expire.
- The size of the user interface has been adjusted to achieve a more attractive appearance.
- The order of the navigation was rearranged.
- Links to the Quarantine and Scheduler has been removed within the activity stream.
- The wording on a renewed account login has been improved to provide more clarity for the new sign-up.
- Fixed a rare issue in which the product was not displayed as installed in Avira Connect.
- Fixed an error in the update behavior that prevented a proper product update.
- Fixed some issues in which the product was not able to fetch newer licenses from our backends.
- Some small issues in the user interface were fixed.
- Fixed some localization issues.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 18.104.22.168 has been released on July 9th, 2018.
- Implemented a landscape user interface.
- Scheduler, Quarantine, and Activity Stream were moved from the main screen into the navigation bar.
- The Scan Screen has now a "Drag & Drop" area.
- The orange Get Pro button is visible for free customers.
- Logged in customers can directly trigger and purchase from here.
- To enter a “key file” you now have to go to the menu bar: Help → Enter License or (Command + L).
- We improved the error message if a user tries to log in and has two-factor authentication enabled.
- Fixed a rare circumstance that prevented scanning.
- Fixed a situation in which some Avira processes would crash after an operating system update.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 22.214.171.124 has been released on May 25th, 2018.
- We improved the privacy of all our users.
- You can access our general privacy via the about dialogue.
- In Avira Connect you will not see an installed antivirus anymore after you uninstalled the product.
- In Avira Connect you will now correctly see if you have mac antivirus installed.
- Improved the Spanish localization.
- Improved error messages if a license activation would fail.
- You can now see a correct status when you log in and get a license applied to your product.
- Some Apple notification had the wrong icon attached to them.
- In some rare situations, the product would ask you to enable loading of its next module, even though it was already loaded.
- Fixed an issue that would not allow opening the browser when a user clicked on 'Get Pro'.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 126.96.36.199 has been released on April 17th, 2018.
- Default Scan Job is now scheduled 5 minutes after installation.
- All existing customers get their Default Scan Job rescheduled to 5 minutes after the first installation.
- A customer that is logged in will now get his license automatically deployed if he purchases via "Get Pro".
- A notification will now be shown to a customer which logs into an account that is prime enabled.
- Improved the localization of the beta settings in the general configuration.
- The installation helper, which should only be shown after the first installation, was also shown on reinstallation.
- Fixed some localization issues in Spanish.
- Reduced the logging of the product in some special situations.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 188.8.131.52 has been released on March 22th, 2018.
- USB scan feature now logs into the Avira system log as well.
- If a user tries to log in and there is no Internet connectivity, we will show an explicit error message.
- Evaluation licenses are now correctly handled as a Pro product version.
- In some rare cases the status of the configuration in the user interface was false.
- Fixed an issue where the application took the focus on rare occasions.
- The license expiration date was not shown in all situations where it should have been displayed.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 184.108.40.206 has been released on February 13th, 2018.
- FPC Enabled.
- Improved Security.
- Removed thread categories from the configuration - if cloud protection is enabled.
- Product versions are now shown correctly in the about dialogue.
- Fixed some localization issues.
- Fixed a rare case in which the status menu icon could disappear for a small period of time.
- Fixed large file size issue with enabled Cloud Protection.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 220.127.116.11 has been released on December 21th, 2017.
- If a user has a subscription we:
- Show his next billing date, if it is less than 5 days in the future.
- Show him the license expiration date, if he canceled his subscription.
- Fixed some localization issues.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 18.104.22.168 has been released on December 13th, 2017.
- You now have the possibility to go back in our installation helper on Mac OS 10.13.
- Made performance tweaks for Mac OS 10.13.
- Added translations for the finder service.
- New language added: Indonesian.
- Account Page: You can now login into your existing Avira account.
- Account Page: You can activate your license when logged in.
- Information on the product version can now solely be found in the about dialogue.
- The product is now able to make use of the Avira Protection Cloud. This functionality can be enable and disabled on the protection page.
- Fixed a possible crash while trying to open the about dialogue.
- Fixed some minor translation issues.
- Fixed a rare situation in which a user would encounter a performance degradation.
- Fixed an issue in which the user interface would randomly close.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 22.214.171.124 has been released on September 19th, 2017.
- This update does not contain improvements.
- Fixed an issue where the setup helper for macOS 10.13 was shown to all macOS versions.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 126.96.36.199 has been released on September 12th, 2017.
- MacOS High Sierra (10.13) support. New installs are assisted on activation with our Setup helper.
- New about Dialog, which contains the product, VDF and engine version.
- Scans are automatically resumed when the power plug is plugged back in.
- Improved stability of the Scan services.
- Some new products were added to the "Free Solutions" page.
- Fixed an issue that showed a wrong date for the last successful update.
Avira Antivirus for Mac, version 188.8.131.52 has been released on August 23th, 2017.
- If a pro customer has a license that is about to expire, our product will now bring this to the attention of the user.
- Improved on the French localization.
- You can now correctly resume, pause or abort a scan when you work on battery power.
- The activity stream has now a maximum number of entries that will be shown.
- New Scan profile: Custom scan available that let the user choose which file or folder he wants to scan.
- When you start a new scan from the main page, a short animation will now draw your attention that you have to click the button a second time.
- We fixed an issue that would give unintended focus to the Avira status menu bar extras icon.
- Fixed an exception in the updater.