Avira Phantom VPN for Windows
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 184.108.40.20674 has been released on september, 28th, 2017.
- Implementation of a trial version.
- Changed the header to match the Avira design for all products.
- Provided the possibility to have specific traffic limit for pro users based on product id.
- Local Privilege Escalation to SYSTEM - Avira.VpnService.exe pipe-server command `connect`.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 220.127.116.11323 has been released on september, 20th, 2017.
- Add additional parameters for feedback-requests.
- Shortcut adjustments: removed desktop icon.
- Popup "potentially unsecure network" after connecting from WiFi to ethernet.
- Client does not support PRO user with limited traffic.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 18.104.22.16876 has been released on July, 25th, 2017.
- Updated the OpenVPN version.
- Allow switching the region while connected.
- Allow automatic connection by just clicking on a region.
- Implemented educational messages.
- Removed "Internal Error" from error messages.
- Implemented a Cancel button while connecting.
- This update does not include bug fixes.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 22.214.171.124090 has been released on June, 28th, 2017.
- This update does not include improvements.
- Missing server list if user has to select a server.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 126.96.36.199275 has been released on May, 24th, 2017.
- Improved region selection by providing a separate page with quick-search and round-trip ping time.
- Connect VPN to the marked region with just a double-click.
- After disconnecting from Avira Connect the connecting message remains displayed.
- VPN Install: start event → VPN Uninstall: start events.
- VPN Quick actions are not shown in Avira Connect.
- VPN is disconnecting after one/two minutes.
- Broken ipv6.
- Internal error: No network available.
- VPN disconnects after some time with error:"Unknown Error".
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 188.8.131.52756 has been released on March, 29th, 2017.
- Assesment to indetify security conscious customers.
- WiFi management.
- Misleading names when uninstalling VPN in "Programs and Features".
- “Drag & Drop” icons are enabled in the notification window.
- AutoConnect does not work in the free VPN version.
- Wireless icon is not displayed in the free VPN version.
- VPN cannot synchronize the authorization.
- The connection to the server is not possible due to an expired access token.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 184.108.40.20606 has been released on February, 22nd, 2017.
- License renewal improvement. The License expiration date will be shown in the user interface if it is less than 30 day and subscription is not enabled.
- Phantom VPN: Fatal Error. Avira.WebAppHost.
- Wrong displayed days after disconnection.
- Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.
- Server connection error when switching untrusted Wi-Fi connections with the AutoConnect feature enabled.
- Wireless connection is ignored if the connection was established before the start of the VPN service.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 220.127.116.11035 has been released on February, 9th, 2017.
- Implemented additional diagnostic data for Open VPN
- Added customer segmentation. (Travelers)
- Sentry improvements.
- The after install page is missing.
- Cannot connect to open VPN management interface.
- Update fails while restarting service with open VPN user interface.
- Wi-Fi auto connect notification is not displayed after VPN restart.
- Error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” is displayed while VPN runs.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 18.104.22.168556 has been released on January, 19th, 2017.
- Security improvements for 3rd party binaries. Devcon replaced with our own binary named TapInstall.
- Implemented keyboard shortcuts for region selection and other basic tasks.
- Error message “Location Unknown” and product downgrade from Pro to Free.
- Blocked internet connection if VPN stopped or crashed. (Killswitch inactive)
- VPN switch off and on with unknown error and without Internet connection.
- VPN cannot establish connection.
- VPN does not work anymore if the Tap driver has been deleted.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 22.214.171.12499 has been released on December 22nd, 2016.
- This update does not include improvements.
- VPN disconnects automatically after a connection attempt.
- The About Phantom VPN button redirects to a broken link when the system language is set on Estonian.
- The Network is blocked if the user uninstalls VPN, while VPN is connected and the Kill-Switch feature is enabled.
- Serviio does not work reliable.
- Avira Phantom VPN service keeps crashing.
- Serviio auto discovery does not work if client and VPN are connected on the same machine.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 126.96.36.199446 has been released on December 15th, 2016.
- New Avira icons.
- Incoming connections in local network are not blocked.
- Updated product to use latest ACP implementation.
- Upgrade page is shown when the user tries to activate Pro feature.
- Second action in the VPN notifications is underlined.
- Phantom VPN Pro shows "Unlimited traffic", and displays the "Buy unlimited traffic" button instead of "Secure my connection".
- Notification is now shown when connecting to untrusted Wi-Fi Network.
- VPN does not allow to connect to any application using localhost (127.0.0.1)
- Unable to update. Error message: "Update package is not authentic".
- Access token is not retrieved when refresh token is invalid.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 188.8.131.52813 has been released on November 21th, 2016.
- A Kill switch feature has been implemented (Network connection is blocked if VPN drops unexpected).
- New GUI Dark theme for Pro users.
- The local network traffic remains unblocked when VPN is connected.
- A notification message is displayed when the Pro license has been activated.
- A notification message is displayed if an update includes new features.
- Sorry to see you leave page is displayed during uninstallation process.
- Warnings in logs.
- Update from version 1.6 to 1.7 fails due to unreplaceable old files.
- VPN does not allow to connect to any application using localhost (127.0.0.1).
- Kill-switch does not block network and internet connection.
Avira Phantom VPN for Windows, version 184.108.40.20678 has been released on October 26th, 2016.
- VPN quick actions for Avira Connect.
- User is asked for feedback after the first connection.
- Updated to OpenVPN 2.3.12.
- User is notified when his secure traffic is almost ended.
- VPN on Windows 10 cannot connect.
- Pro user cannot secure his connection when he has reached the traffic limit using the tray icon.
- User interface (UI) is not changed to pro version when user logs in with pro license but only when UI is reopened.
- Pro features can be enabled just by unchecking the HTML files in UI.
- Changing the VPN-Network-adapter name prevents Phantom from connecting.
- If the Case UDP connection fails the Launcher communication is blocked.
- Warning in log file about invalid registry string.
- After the uninstallation of VPN 1.4.1. the download of VPN 1.6.1. Ooccurs an error.
- Crash of Avira.VpnService.exe.
- License downgrade from pro to registered user or from register to free user.
- Notifications are not always displayed.
- Notification window does not appear when the connection drops and “killswitch” is active.
- Crash of Avira.WebAppHost.exe after starting VPN in several accounts.
- 1GB traffic falls back to 500MB for registered users.
- Unable to connect to the service.
- Traffic limit reached is shown every time when service starts.
- Notification window buttons is not centered.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 220.127.116.11131 has been released on October 19th, 2016.
- Untrusted Wi-Fi network is automatically enabled In the Pro version.
- The main Network Adapter has been improved.
- Crash of Avira.VpnService.exe.
- The traffic is not refreshed after the sleep mode.
- VPN service cannot start.
- Error message “Internal error: Failed to connect to the service”.
- Free version does not save the traffic.
- Value is displayed instead of the output.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 18.104.22.16854 has been released on September 20th, 2016.
- The user settings have been migrated to program data.
- A monthly subscription includes also support.
- User is notified when the traffic limit has been reached.
- Implementation of welcome notification.
- Open VPN has been updated to version 2.3.11.
- A purchased VPN Pro version remains Free version after installation.
- The user token is not removed with the uninstallation.
- Sentry contains messages which are not grouped correctly.
- The remaining traffic is not calculated correctly.
- The VPN does not connected after resuming from sleep mode.
- The virtual location is only saved when clicking the exit button.
- VPN disconnect event is sent to often.
- Some paths are hard coded to Avira folder.
- Installed German version contains English text.
- A Desktop icon is created with every update.
- VPN does not create the virtual adapter.
- The welcome notification appears if the user is pressing Connect within popup time out.
- The Website “whoer.net” is detecting the German server as infected.
- VPN service does not start.
- IP address is not hidden.
- Outdated Open VPN version.
- Adjust the welcome notification in update scenario.
- Every time VPN disconnects the message “Fatal error” is displayed.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 22.214.171.124975 has been released on September 1st, 2016.
- A notification is displayed when connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi network.
- A notification is displayed if VPN was not in use for a certain period of time (14 days).
- The product is using the latest Open VPN version.
- VPN Disconnect event is sent properly.
- Events are sent even on disabled "Send Diagnostics" feature.
- Connect button issue solved.
- Solved issue when traffic limit reached.
- Validating issues between Online Essentials token and VPN backend solved.
- The region list is shown empty at missing network connection.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 126.96.36.19946 has been released on June 21st, 2016.
- Implementation of a 'feedback' and 'support' button.
- The German „About Phantom VPN“ link redirects now to the corresponding page.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 188.8.131.5231 has been released on June 1st, 2016.
- Additional language support:
- This update does not contain bugfixes.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 184.108.40.20684 has been released on May 4th, 2016.
- This update does not contain improvements.
- License downgrade from Pro to Register or from Register to Free.
- Service hang while updating from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.
Avira Phantom VPN, version 220.127.116.1166 has been released on April 25th, 2016.
- Automatically secure untrusted Wi-Fi networks.
- Fixed licensing issues (license changes from Pro to Registered).
Avira Phantom VPN Release
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Avira Phantom VPN, version 18.104.22.168540 has been released on March 22nd, 2016 in German and English.
Avira Phantom VPN provides users with a personal VPN (Virtual Private Network) to automatically encrypt data transferred over any Wi-Fi network.
- Web anonymity
Changes your IP address.
- Secure encryption
Protects your private communications.
- Unblock content
Watch your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Fast VPN
Runs silently in the background.
- No logs
Avira does not monitor what websites you visit.
- Easy to use
On. Off. On. Off. It’s that simple.
- Simultaneous connections
Connect as many devices as you like.
- Unlimited bandwidth
For premium customers.
- Free Tech Support
For premium customers.
- Web anonymity
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7 and later
- Android 4.0.3 and later