File exceptions can be defined for both the “System Scanner” and the “Real-Time Protection”. A special feature of the “Real-Time Protection” is that processes may be excluded from the scan as well.
Exclude files or processes
- Click the Avira icon in the taskbar to open Avira.
- Search for Antivirus and click Open.
- Click the settings symbol in the lower left corner.
- Click PC Protection → Exceptions.
Since the exceptions for the “System Scanner” and “Real-Time Protection” must be configured separately, please select the corresponding module in the left panel. Search and add files or processes you want to be skipped by the Real-Time Protection or System Scanner and Real-Time Protection.
- Click OK to save the configuration.