First of all, it is recommended to carry out a complete system scan from a non-infected account.
Please follow the steps explained below:
- Update your antivirus client by starting Avira, clicking on Avira Antivirus → Check for updates.
- Restart the computer in "Safe Mode". Therefore, use the “Shift + Restart” combination. Another way of getting into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to use the Shift + Restart combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on the Power button. Then, while keeping the "Shift key" pressed, click Restart. After the system restarts, log on as administrator.
- Configure the scanner by opening the "Avira Antivirus", then click on the little wheel icon from the down left corner of the screen. Go to PC Protection → System Scanner and select within this category the option "All files". Set the “Scanner priority” on "high" and confirm the configuration with OK.
- Perform the system scan by selecting in the left panel of the Antivirus user interface Scan → Custom Scan → and click the arrow icon next to "Local drive scan".
- After the scan, restart the computer normally.
- We recommend to scan your system once again in normal mode.
In case of further unexpected virus alerts, you can also use the Avira Rescue System (freeware) to clean your computer.
In case the virus clean-up was unsuccessful, please create the latest info-file with our support collector. Send this file together with detailed information via our support form and we will contact you shortly.
- Affected products
- Avira Antivirus Pro
- Avira Prime (unlimited devices)
- Avira Internet Security Suite
- Avira Optimization Suite
- Avira Total Security Suite