You have to activate your Avira product in case:
- You have not activated it during the installation process
- You have tested the Avira product 30 days for free and now you have bought a new license
- You have performed a product update
This instruction refers to the Avira Antivirus solutions. If you want to activate Avira System Speedup, please follow the instructions in Activation of Avira System Speedup.
If the license for your product has expired, you have to renew your license to use still all features of your Avira product. To do this, please read the article "How do I renew the license for my Avira product?".
Please follow these steps to activate your Avira product:
- Start the Avira software by double-clicking the Avira icon. Usually, it is located on your desktop
- Click Help → License management
A new window called Welcome to the license wizard opens.
- Type your activation code into the field "Activation code:"
You can enter the code using lowercase letters. The program will convert them automatically into uppercase letters.
You will find your activation code in the email you have received from Avira. The email was sent to the address you used during the purchasing process. In case you did not receive an email from Avira with your code, please check your spam or junk folder.
If you have lost your activation code, please read the article "Where do I find my activation code?" which explains where you can find your activation code.
- Click Next
- The "Registration" window opens. Please check if your data are correct and update them if necessary
Important: Check if your email address is correct.
- Click Next
- In the "Result" window you can see that the license validity has been activated (field: "License valid until")
- Click Finish
In your Avira account you will find all information about your product(s) and license(s) – even outside our service hours.