First of all, it is recommended to carry out a complete system scan from a non-infested account. Please follow the steps explained below:
- Update your antivirus client by starting the "Avira Control Center" and selecting Update → Start update
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode. Therefore, hit the F8 key repeatedly during the restart until the menu "Advanced Boot Options" appears. Select "Safe Mode" and confirm the selection with the Enter key. After the system restarts, log on as "administrator"
- Configure the scanner by opening the "Avira Control Center", then click on Extras → Configuration. Go to PC Protection → System Scanner and select within this category the option All files. Set the “Scanner priority” on high and confirm the configuration with OK
- Perform the system scan by selecting on the left side of the "Avira Control Center" System Scanner. Then click with the right mouse button on "Local Hard Disks" and select Start scan
- After the scan, restart the computer normally
- We recommend to scan your system once again in normal mode
In case of further unexpected virus alerts, you can also use the Avira Rescue System (freeware) to clean your computer.
In case the virus clean-up was unsuccessful, please create the latest info-file with our support collector. Send this file together with detailed information via our support form and we will contact you shortly.