Microsoft will stop update Windows XP after April 2014. We intend to purchase Avira Antivirus or Professional Security Suite to protect our XP system. My questions are:
1. Will Avira continue to support Window XP after April 2014 and for how long? I intend to buy a 3 years license. However, I worry that Avira may follow the step and stop support XP in a few months time.
2. After April 2014, does Avira suites provide enough protection for XP system, even after Microsoft stops updating the system?
Thank you very much.
Helen Sang. In answer to your questions and concerns with using Windows XP and Avira,
1. Update to Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), through Windows Update. You had 'til April 8, 2014 for the end of life cycle for XP. Avira will continue to work until April 8, 2016.
2. End of support for XP, Avira will support Windows XP as follows:
- the operating system itself until April 8th, 2015
- engine and signatures updates until April 8th, 2016
Note: Special thanks to Nicolae Moldoveanu re information found here,
**Please check my website for a coupon code for the Avira Product Suites here,
Addendum: You can still use Avira to protect you, however, Windows XP computers may be at an elevated risk for exposure to malicious software and electronic data loss (USCERT). Michael
Ok. But if I will buy now (SEP 2015)
Avira Antivirus Pro
I will have support from Avira until APR 8 2016 ok? That's means: OS, engine and signatures updates?
But what will happen after APR until SEP 2016 - because my license will be from SEP 2015 to SEP 2016?
I asked this because I want to pay for Avira Antivirus Pro version..
Thank you ;)
I get help in my windows XP installation, Windows XP is much better Operating System for mee, but after installation, I have an issue with my 64 bits windows so that I get help from https://babasupport.org/microsoft/windows-customer-service/150 which give me very nice advice on this. which give me very nice advice on this.